Friday, July 16, 2010

Curry Chicken Salad

I wanted some chicken salad, but not the kind with fruit. When I looked around online for some ideas most of the recipes had some kind of fruit mixed in. Grrr...not what I was looking for. Then I found a few that listed curry as an ingredient. I love curry, but even they had fruit. So I made up my own recipe, using curry as a base flavor, and the results were wonderful.

This recipe is great because it can easily be made ahead of time. It's also perfect for BBQ's, picnics, or just hot summer days when you don't want to heat up your kitchen. It's definitely a keeper :)

Curry Chicken Salad
Printable Recipe

1 small onion, diced, about 1 cup
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons curry powder, regular or hot
2 medium ribs celery, thinly sliced, about 3/4 cup
3 tablespoons mayo (I used light)
3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
lettuce, tomato, and cucumber for serving if desired

1. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add the chicken and cilantro, and mix gently to evenly coat the chicken with the dressing. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.

2. Serve over lettuce, tomato, and cucumber if desired.

Makes about 4-1 1/4 cup servings.

2 comments:

  1. This is what's for lunch today at my house! (Is it okay if I sub Italian parsley for cilantro?!)

    (Love your blog! -- come for a visit http://sprigsofrosemary.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rosemary, Yay! I'd love to hear how it goes, and substitute away! I just love cilantro and put it in everything I can ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...