Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fettuccine with Meatballs

After a hard, crazy week I woke up with a cold: head, throat, and I can feel something starting to happen in my chest. I suspect I got it from my 3 year-old who started preschool 2 weeks ago, and who has a cough and a nasty, snotty nose. So, today I'm going to sit and write for my blog, work on my cookbook, and read some of the blogs I love but haven't had any time lately to visit. I guess being sick isn't all bad...


This pasta dinner is a great 2-Fer (meals made with left-overs from another meal). I made this with some of my Steakhouse Meatballs that were left-over from a huge batch of meatballs I made for a dinner party. I put the frozen meatballs, maybe 15-18, in a crockpot with 2 32-oz jars of Classico Tomato Basil pasta sauce (my favorite jarred sauce), and cooked it all on high for about 4 hours. After simmering for so long with the meatballs the sauce took on a very nice rich, meaty flavor. We had the meatballs and sauce over fettuccine noodles with a little fresh Parmesan cheese, but they would have made awesome meatballs subs, too. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. My family loves meatballs -- this recipe looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...