Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cilantro-Lime Dressing

Pin It I confess: this is a total restaurant rip-off. I couldn't help myself, I had to copy it. Drizzle this dressing on salad, on tacos, on fajitas...even on a perfectly cooked over-easy egg. Mmmmm.

This dressing is creamy and just spicy enough to tingle your taste buds. If you want more heat, leave in the jalapeno ribs.

Cilantro-Lime Dressing
printable recipe

1/2 cup Ranch dressing (I use light)
1 large jalapeno, seeded and ribs removed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tomatillo, husk removed, cut into 8ths
2 teaspoons lime juice
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, lightly packed

Combine everything in a blender and blend until smooth.

Makes about 3/4 cup dressing.

2 TBL: 56 cal/4.7 fat/0 fbr/1.5 crb

2 comments:

  1. I made this at home and absolutely LOVED it!! Thanks so much for posting this - just wondering - where are you?? My daughter got me hooked on your blog and suddenly you have grown quiet! Hope all is well!! Lookforward to more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stacey, {laughing} I'm still here. It's super-sweet of you to notice I hadn't posted in a while (almost a month--oops!). I lost my blogging-umph for a while and worked on some neglected/half-finished projects around the house (like re-doing the shelving in my walk-in pantry--a project I wish I'd *never* started!). I have a never-ending list of recipes I want to share, so I'll post something really soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...