Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Southern BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches


I love pulled pork because it is super easy (I cook the meat in my crock pot), it is super tasty (thanks to my scrumptious Southern BBQ Sauce), and I always have left-overs.


You can eat the pork on a bun, or one of my favorite ways, with roasted spaghetti squash. I've even used left-over meat to make a salad. Yum! 

I like to use country ribs over a larger cut because I think they cook faster, and I like bone-in because cooking the meat with the bone gives it a little more flavor. Because the country ribs have a decent amount of fat which will melt and keep the meat moist, there is no need to add any liquid to the crock pot.

Southern BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

4 pounds bone-in pork country ribs
1-2 tablespoons liquid smoke
buns for serving

1. Put the pork country ribs in a crock pot, and add the liquid smoke. Cover with a glass lid (if you have a plastic lid weigh it down with something heavy) and cook on low 6-8 hours, or until the meat falls off the bones and shreds easily.


2. Shred the meat into a bowl, discarding all the undesirable bits. Add half of the Southern BBQ Sauce and mix to coat the meat evenly. Serve the meat with the remaining sauce, on toasted buns or with roasted spaghetti squash.

Makes 6-8 cups shredded meat (depending on how much bone is in your cuts of meat).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...