Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sheree's Fruit Salad

The colors are gorgeous, aren't they? I'll give you a moment to soak it in...

This is my sister's fruit salad. It doesn't have any fancy sauces, and if you ask her about it she'll say, "It's just the things I like." Well, sister, the things you like make an incredible treat for my eyes :)

I recruited my 13 year-old to make the salad while I finished the rest of dinner.

My 2 year-old was her helper. Notice the princess crown...

There isn't a real recipe for this. Just put in as much as you want. For this salad we used:

1/2 large container strawberries, green tops removed, berries quartered
1 small container blackberries
4 kiwis, peeled, quartered, and sliced 1/4" thick
1 large bunch red grapes, halved width-wise
2 10.2 oz cans mandarine oranges, drained

Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl and toss gently. Add the oranges and very gently mix them in. Chill and enjoy!

Makes about 6 servings

Some more eye candy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...