Friday, December 31, 2010

My 10 Favorite Posts of 2010

Happy 2011! I hope everyone is gearing up for another great year!

I wanted to start off the new year by sharing my 10 favorite posts from 2010. It is so fun to look back over the posts, almost as hard as it is to pick just a few to call favorites.

Curried Split Pea Soup. I'll be eternally thankful to this soup for showing me that split pea soup can be delicious and not scary.

How to grow your own Alfalfa Sprouts. Growing my own sprouts was such a fun--and tasty--experience, and looking at the pictures reminds me that my jars have been empty for too long.

Homemade Yogurt . Yogurt wasn't something I ever thought I'd make myself. I mean, who makes yogurt? I do now, and so can you. It's so easy and the yogurt is so, so tasty.

Mother Nature's Sense of Humor. Oh my goodness. This picture still makes me laugh.

Rosemary-Cheese Spritz Cookies. I never would have tried these on my own, so thank goodness for the Cookie Carnival because I would have missed out on something wonderful.

My Share Our Strength Bake Sale 2010. Founding Herriman Against Hunger and organizing our first bake sale for Share Our Strength was equal parts amazing and exhausting. I can't wait to start planning our 2011 bake sale!

Chocolate Sauce in Middle School. Teenagers are awesome--they have so much energy! I've been a guest presenter in the Foods classes at my daughter's middle school a few times now, and I love it more each time.
Steakhouse Meatballs. These meatballs make regular appearances on our plates. On our pizzas. In our soup bowls. I could do a whole series on different ways to use these bites of deliciousness. I should, yes?
Coconut Curry Soup. This soup is just so good. Not only is it one of my best restaurant knock-offs, it uses frozen cauliflower, something I didn't even know existed outside of bland frozen veggie mixes.

Super-Creamy Mac & Cheese. I knew there had to be a way to make scratch Mac & Cheese that was easy and creamy, and I was right. But the best part was when my teenager made it for me as a surprise for Mother's Day. There were flames.
Again, a most heart-felt Happy New Year to all of you. I look forward to many more posts about great food and the adventures in my life.

Cheers!

Tiffiny

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...