Friday, September 11, 2009

BBQ Chicken Salad

Printable Recipe

One of the reasons why I love main-dish salads is they can often be easily be made without a recipe. For this salad I BBQ'ed a bunch of chicken tenderloins (more than I would use for dinner so I'd have some to use later), and then I assembled the salads with:

Sliced BBQ'ed chicken tenderloins (I'm a K.C.-Masterpiece snob)
Cut red-leaf lettuce
Thawed, frozen corn
Canned black beans, drained and rinsed
Diced tomatoes
Shredded cheese
Salsa
Chipotle BBQ-Ranch dressing

To BBQ the tenderloins:

1. Heat your grill (I have a gas grill) on high until it's smoking hot, between 450-500. Use long tongs to wipe the grill grate with folded paper towels that have been soaked in vegetable oil. Working quickly so the oil doesn't evaporate, put the tenderloins on the hot grate and cook them for about 3 minutes on the first side.

2. Turn the tenderloins over, brush the tops with the BBQ sauce, and cook them for an additional 2 minutes. Turn the tenderloins back over, brush the tops with more BBQ sauce, flip them back over again, and cook them for 1 more minute, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through (tenderloins cook fast, so don't leave 'em).

Yum. Lots of left-over chicken for lunches and stuff.

This salad is awesome served with corn bread on the side. Of course, I recommend my favorite Corn Bread :) Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm.....that looks good. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so delicious and the dressing is brilliant! Thank you for making this so easy.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...