Saturday, April 3, 2010

I will bake a difference!

Now that I have a firm location, I can finally announce the bake sale I'm holding as part of Share Our Strength's Great American Bake Sale! I am so excited to take part in this very important cause!

Share Our Strength is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to end childhood hunger in America by providing healthy, nutritious food to children who would otherwise not have access to it. The Great American Bake Sale is just one of Share Our Strength's 5 programs. During the bake-sale season of March 1-October 31, 2010, volunteers all over the country will hold bake sales in an effort to help Share Our Strength reach their goal this year of $1.8 million. It sounds like a lot of money to be raised by selling cookies, but since Share Our Strength was started in 2003, they've raised almost $6 million through the bake sales.

My team's name is Herriman Against Hunger, and our bake sale will be May 22, from 10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Our local Goldenwest Credit Union branch has graciously agreed to let us take over part of their parking lot so we'll have some great exposure on one of our main streets. It's going to be such a great experience! I'll keep you updated on the fun--and crazy, I'm sure--plans :)

If you'd like to make a donation to my teams efforts, you can click on the Great American Bake Sale graphic at the top-left of the page which will take you to my page on the Share our Strength website. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. What a great cause, and your very active participation in it is so admirable. Wish I could be there for the sale. If the baked goods on offer are as delicious as your appear to be, I'm sure it will be a sell out. Good luck, and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you! I plan on doing this too....soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! Glad to hear about your bake sale. Ours got postponed but will be the week before yours - let's egg each other on (pardon the pun!). Don't forget that kids are irresistible - they make for a good sales force! And don't forget to have some to-go containers to encourage people to buy in bulk ;-) xoxox M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Michelle, *lol*...Our last couple of garage sales my sister made crumb cake and I made cupcakes, and my nephew and daughter (both 7) sold them to anyone who stopped to look. They are both fearless salesmen :) They'll be my front-line sellers ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...