Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Works For Me Wednesday: Freezing left-over whipped cream

works for me wednesday at we are that family

This is my first Works For Me Wednesday post and I'm really excited to join the group!

I hate throwing out left-over whipped cream, but since I didn't want to sit and eat it out of the bowl (like I sometimes do), I tried freezing it like I do my left-over frosting. It worked great! When my daughter made a cup of hot chocolate a few days later she popped one on top. She said it helped cool the hot chocolate a little, but mostly it just made it super creamy and good.

I simply put dollops of the whipped cream on a cutting board that I covered with plastic wrap and put it in the freezer until they were frozen solid. Then I picked them off the plastic wrap, put them in a zip-top bag and then returned them to the freezer.

My daughter put one in her hot chocolate, but you could just as easily use the dollops on apple pie, fruit crisps--anywhere you'd use whipped cream. This idea can also be used as a make-ahead tip for a party or dinner. Make and freeze the whipped cream for your dessert the day before so it will be ready to go. Now that definitely works for me!

Click here to see more Works For Me Wednesday tips for today.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know why, but I've never even thought of freezing whipped cream. What a wonderful idea! I especially like it plopped into the hot chocolate:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really superb. Some thing very different. I like this. . looks awesome. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect timing. Thanks for sharing on WFMW. I just had a party and had some whipping cream left over that I didn't know what to do with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI...I linked to this post on my recent post:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! So simple, yet genius! I love it! Thanks for such a great tip!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...