Friday, February 3, 2012

This week's 5 Recipes I would love to make

I have finally had to admit to myself that I will never--even if I cooked something new every day for the next 10 years--be able to possibly try all the recipes I have bookmarked. It was a rather sad moment. So I've decided, in order to at least be able share the amazing recipes I find around the internet with you, each Friday (and maybe more often) I'm going to post links to 5 recipes I would love to make. If you happen to make something I mention, I would love to hear about it so I can live vicariously through you.

Here are today's 5 Recipes I would love to make:



Sweet Potato, Curry, and Quinoa (in a bowl) from Happyolks




When I saw this picture I literally froze in mid-movement. The colors are so amazing! And the recipe is loaded with flavors I love, with the curry and the ginger and the sweet potato, and spinach...And I recently discovered quinoa and how delicious it is. This has got to be a winner! 


Amazing Sun-Dried Tomato Cottage Cheese Muffins by In Fine Fettle




Yikes! I totally forgot about these! I remember when I first saw this recipe (almost three years ago) I said something like, "Oh...my..." And I think there was a big, longing-type of *sigh* in there somewhere. With only 1/4 cup flour, you could easily make these gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour alternative (like rice flour, perhaps). I need to put this back on my recipes-to-make short list.


Churros from The Sophisticated Gourmet




Fried dough is delicious. It. Just. Is. One of my all-time favorite treats is funnel cake (another type of fried dough, just in case you've been deprived and don't know what funnel cake is), and I can remember getting it at the Boardwalk in Santa Cruze when we'd go to the beach when I was a kid. I still pine away for it, and whenever I'm at a county fair or wharf or boardwalk I'm on a mission to find it. It's been surprising to me as an adult that it's not so easy to find. But that just makes it all the better when I do. Just look at that churro! So perfectly crispy on the outside and so perfectly chewy on the inside!


Garlic Shrimp Pasta from Simmer Down! (a food lover's blog)




This recipe has so much going for it! Simple, few ingredients, flavorful ingredients, and easy on the pocket book. And it's another one I totally forgot about (I'm so glad I started doing this round-up and going through my bookmarked recipes!). I think this would be perfect for a quick dinner when you're really short on time and the idea of choosing between cereal and PB&J (again) just makes you sad.


Margarita Cake from Recipe Girl




This is one of my Pinterest recipe-finds. Doesn't it just look super-moist and delicious? And adorable with the little twist of lime on top? She says to not skip the whipped cream and lime, and I totally agree! After you bookmark this recipe, make sure you click over to the post she links to at the top for: Mamacita Needs a Margarita Cake. Because it's so funny. And because if you have a kid who is 8 or 9, or know a kid who is 8 or 9, you will get a nice little chuckle out of her story. And you probably need a chuckle today.


Next week I'll post 5 more Recipes I would love to make!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me! I totally sympathize with having WAY more recipes bookmarked than time to make them, so I'm flattered to make the cut. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...