Friday, March 2, 2012

Simple Sauteed Mushrooms

Pin It
Have you had a chance to take my Bake-Off Flunkie eCookbook survey? If not, I really need your help! Please click HERE to go to the survey. Your responses will be an incredible help! Thanks so much!


I have loved mushrooms for as long as I can remember; even as a kid I looked forward to eating them. These sauteed mushrooms are almost as easy as it gets, and are a healthy, delicious addition to almost anything--chicken, pork, beef. Or you can eat them on their own. I made these yesterday to eat for lunch with my turkey wrap. I used a 10-oz bag of pre-sliced mushrooms which made a generous 1-cupful when finished. I usually don't buy pre-sliced, but they were marked down because they were at their sell-by date--and starting to look their age--and I didn't want them to be thrown out. And I knew they would be perfect sauteed. Depending on how much you like mushrooms and how many people you are serving, this may or may not be enough. If you want more mushrooms, simply double or triple the recipe.

Note: I used crimini mushrooms because they are my favorite, but you could do this with regular button mushrooms, too.

Simple Sauteed Mushrooms
printable recipe

2 teaspoons olive oil
10-oz sliced crimini mushrooms
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2-3 tablespoons dry white wine
2 green onions, thinly sliced
freshly cracked black pepper to taste

Heat an 8-inch non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and salt, and cook, stirring often, until almost all the water they release evaporates, 8-10 minutes Add the white wine and cook, stirring often, until it's reduced and almost gone. Add the green onions and black pepper to taste, and cook for one minute.

Makes a generous 1 cup.

These mushrooms are super tasty with some fresh Parmesan cheese.

2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...