Thursday, December 27, 2012

Simple Roasted Cauliflower


I like cauliflower and eat it raw or in soups or other vegetable dishes, but I've never tried it roasted until now. I might never be the same again. Just kidding, but it really was fantastic. I've seen recipes that include balsamic vinegar, or Parmesan cheese, or bread crumbs, but I decided to make it super-simple this time--just some olive oil, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. Amazing! I couldn't believe how mellow and nutty the flavor was. I'll have to experiment with different add-ins, but for this time, it was a great side with these Pork Chops with Garlic-Thyme Pan Sauce.

Simple Roasted Cauliflower
printable recipe

1 head fresh cauliflower, cored and cut into bite-sized florets
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.

1. Heat your oven to 425. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with non-stick spray.

2. Put the cauliflower in the prepared pan. Drizzle the olive oil on the florets and toss gently to try to evenly coat. Add the kosher salt and pepper and gently toss again.

3. Roast, stirring gently half-way through, for 20-30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and golden brown in some places, caramelized in other places.

Makes 4-6 side servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...