Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (for eating)


I eat raw cookie dough. I admit it freely and openly. I know they say you're not supposed to eat it raw. But I do. Sometimes I eat enough raw cookie dough that I don't want any cookies ones they're cooked. I've never gotten sick. That's not to say that, with my risky behavior, I won't get sick. Someday. I suppose.

Now, if you're not the risk-taking type like I apparently am, and long to know the gloriousness that is raw cookie dough, then you will be so happy I posted this recipe my daughter found from Julie at Willow Bird Baking! This is the Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough from her post. She also has recipes for Sugar Cookie Dough and Cake Batter Cookie Dough...! 

This dough has all the fantastic parts of regular kill-you-if-you-eat-it-raw cookie dough, like the butter and sugar and chocolate chips, but it doesn't have the egg (or any leavening ingredients, since you won't be cooking the dough. Please don't cook the dough, on matter of principle and also because it won't work). To replace the wet of the egg, Julie has us simply add a bit of water until the dough is the consistency we want, depending on what we're going to use it for.

Wait. What do I mean? What could it be for besides simply eating with a spoon out of the container ..standing in front of the open fridge...with my back to my kids so they don't see what I'm doing? How about adding a bit more water to make the dough a bit looser and using it as a dip?? Or using mini chocolate chips and using the dough as a cake filling?? I know. This is totally rocking your world, now, isn't it?

Enjoy. And you're welcome.


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (for eating) (from Willow Bird Baking)
printable recipe

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt, depending on how you like it
2-3 teaspoons vanilla, depending on how you like it
1 cup chocolate chips
water

In a medium bowl mix together the butter and sugar until smooth. Stir in the flour, salt, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough is the consistency you want.

Makes about 1-3/4 cups safe-to-eat cookie dough.

Note: Don't try to bake this cookie dough. You will be disappointed.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds so amazingly good!!!!!! Thank You for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Just what this starving college girl with no oven needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried to eat it all by myself. barely even ate a quarter of it. :) it was delicious though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was too juicy so i added some more flour and brows sugar

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...