Sunday, October 12, 2014

Spinach, Feta & Sundried Tomato Quinoa Salad


I think I may have mentioned before how much I enjoy a bit of quinoa. ;)

Here is another lovely quinoa salad. This one has a red wine vinegar dressing instead of a balsamic vinegar dressing like the Tomato Basil Quinoa Salad I adore. I feel I should admit that I took these pictures the day after I made the salad, which is why the spinach is a bit soft. If you eat this shortly after making it the spinach will be still be crisp (or however you describe fresh spinach).

I love the combination of flavors here, especially the feta and sun-dried tomatoes with the red wine vinegar. Super yum! And, again, I love that the quinoa doesn't wreck havoc on my husband's blood sugar :)


Spinach, Feta & Sun-Dried Tomato Quinoa Salad

2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled to room temperature or cooler
2 handfuls baby spinach, coarsely chopped
1 medium cucumber, scraped and diced
2/3 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
several grinds fresh black pepper

1. In a medium bowl combine the cooled quinoa, spinach, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes; mix well.

2. In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Immediately pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and mix to coat everything well.

3. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

Makes about 6 3/4-cup servings


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please use the form below to send any questions or comments you may have :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...